- Mackenzie, J (forthcoming 2019) Analysing Gendered Discourses Online. In: J. Baxter and J. Angouri (eds) The Routledge Handbook of Language, Gender and Sexuality;
- Mackenzie, J. (forthcoming 2018) Digital Interaction. In: S. Adolphs and D. Knight (Eds) The Routledge Handbook of English Language and Digital Humanities. Routledge.
- Mackenzie, J. (in press 2018) Language, Gender and Parenthood Online: Negotiating Motherhood in Mumsnet Talk. Routledge.
- Mackenzie, J (2018) “Good mums don’t, apparently, wear make-up”: Negotiating discourses of gendered parenthood in Mumsnet Talk. Gender and Language 12(1), 114-135;
- Mackenzie, J (2017) “Can we have a child exchange?” Constructing and subverting the ‘good mother’ through play in Mumsnet Talk. Discourse & Society 28(3), 296-312;
- Mackenzie, J (2017) Identifying informational norms in Mumsnet Talk: A reflexive-linguistic approach to internet research ethics. Applied Linguistics Review 8(2-3), 293-314;
- Adolph, S., Angouri, J., Harrison, T., Mackenzie, J., Potts, D., (working party for the British Association for Applied Linguistics) (2016) Recommendations on Good Practice in Applied Linguistics: Updated.
- Forthcoming – Discourses of gender in children’s toys: A multimodal analysis of gender construction in ‘Create the World’ Lego cards. Poetics and Linguistics Association Conference, The University of Birmingham, 07.2018. With Coffey-Glover, McGlashan and Payne.
- Forthcoming – Absent fathers, stay-at-home mothers and equal parents: Competing discourses of gender and parenthood in Mumsnet Talk. Part of the Discourses of Parenting and Motherhood in a Digital Age interdisciplinary panel, co-organised with Sumin Zhao. Corpus Approaches to Discourse Analysis Across Disciplines Conference, Aalborg University, 07.2018.
- Discourses of gender, parenthood and marriage in Mumsnet Talk. Institute of the Humanities Linguistics Seminar Series, Northumbria University, 10.2017.
- “Darling” husbands and partners in Mumsnet Talk. Discourses of Marriage BAAL/CUP Seminar, The University of Liverpool, 09.2017.
- “At home, I parent alongside DH”: The work acronyms do in Mumsnet Talk. The 50th Annual Meeting of the British Association for Applied Linguistics (BAAL), The University of Leeds, 09.2017.
- Mum’s the word: Negotiating discourses of gendered parenthood in Mumsnet Talk. At the LiPP-CRAL Professional Communication seminar series, The University of Nottingham, 01.2017, and the English Language Research Seminar series, The University of Birmingham, 10.2016.
- Digital Ethnography. Delivered as part of the postgraduate forum at the 49th Annual Meeting of the British Association for Applied Linguistics (BAAL), Anglia Ruskin University, 09.2016.
- ‘Good mums don’t, apparently, wear make-up’: Negotiating discourses of motherhood in Mumsnet Talk. Presented at the 9th International Gender and Language Association Conference, 19th- 21st May, 2016, City University of Hong Kong.
- ‘Can we have a child exchange?’ Performing, mocking and subverting the ‘good mother’ in Mumsnet ‘talk’. Presented at the Centre for the Study of Women and Gender Graduate Seminar Series, 10.02.2016, The University of Warwick, UK, and the 9th International Gender and Language Association Conference, 19th- 21st May 2016, City University of Hong Kong.
- Identifying Gendered Discourses in Mumsnet Talk. Presented at the 48th Annual Meeting of the British Association for Applied Linguistics (BAAL), 3rd – 5th September, 2015, Aston University, UK.
- Ethics, Privacy and Internet Research. Presented at the Fourth Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Conference, 16.06.2015, Aston University, UK.
- Researcher or Mother? Challenging the ‘Ethical Minimum’ through Self-Reflexivity. Presented at the BAAL Language and New Media Special Interest Group (SIG) workshop: The Ethics of Online Research Methods, 16th-17th April, 2015, Cardiff University, UK.
- Dilemmas in Cyberspace: Exploring the Ethics of Linguistic Research Online (poster presentation). Presented at the 47th Annual Meeting of the British Association for Applied Linguistics (BAAL), 4th – 6th September, 2014, The University of Warwick, UK.
- The Construction of Motherhood through Digital Interaction. Presented at the Third Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Conference, 17.06.2014, Aston University, UK.